- Multi-language interface
- Translation and lang file import/export
- SEO-fiendly URLs, custom meta tags
- SEO-optimized ad browsing for best indexing by SE's
- UK and US Postal code/distance search
- User groups (individuals, dealers, etc)
- Paypal, 2Checkout, and Authorize.NET integrated
- Pre-moderation and Post moderation of all listings
- Multiple Picture Upload interface
Below is the changelog for iAuto (v.4.0 and above):
Auto Classified Script changelogs for versions 4.7.1 and above are located on our new website
From v.4.6.1 to v.4.7.0:
- Credit Points System implemented
- Automatic Listing and Plan Renewals functionality added
- Ability to send notifications about renewals added
- Ability to view the package details for every listing
- Admin can change package settings for a particular listing or group of listings.
- Ability to search/filter listings based on listing packaged used by the listings added
- Ability to apply any package to a particular listing added
- Package Sync Utility added - Synchronization of listing packages with membership plan packages via admin panel
- Easy creation of custom content pages added
- "Make user trusted after registration" option for a user group added
- Listing activation mechanism improved
- Error code replaced with a human-readable message
- The look of credit charge confirmation prompt page enhanced
- Ability for the administrator to leave a comment when credits are added or subtracted in the admin panel
- Ability to display all available membership plans to users added
- Enhanced wording of the listings auto-extension and expiration report
- Auto-extension report are not sent to users, who's "Notify on listing expiration" setting is off
- Listing and subscriptions auto-extension report to admin are not sent unless "Notify on User Contract Expiration" and "Notify on Listing Expiration" are On respectively
- Renamed "Transactions" page to "Payments" in admin panel
- Added a listing package information on the listing edit page in admin panel
- Added a "credit_name" custom setting
- Added a date range filter for credit transactions
- Enhanced the layout of listing edit page in admin panel
- Enhance the layout and look of credit purchase page
- Added default translations for phrases on the pay for listing page
- Enhance descriptions of default membership plan packages
- Brought the layout and look of the credit purchase page into consistence with other page based on the theme design
- Made message on rating page more user-friendly
- Added the confirmation about successful listing saved both in admin panel and on front-end.
- Added internationalization and default translations to contact seller form and comparison table pages
- Replaced error code with a human-friendly message on the listing feature activation page.
- Added link to product's manual from admin panel
- Displaying variable values in internationalized phrases even if translation is missing
- News are updated in initial database dump
- Year 2010 added as upper limit for Year field
- Batch addition of credits to users in admin panel added
- Batch addition/subtraction of credits via admin panel added
- Ability set user balance notification threshold added
- Ability to add credit to a user balance via admin added
- Low balance notification added
- Ability to set initial balance in user group settings added
- Updated product documentation
- Current subscription details are displayed on the "Subscription" page
- Ability to chose another package (if available) after listing expiration added
- Listing auto-extension now sets right parent package if for the listing package
- Ambiguous transaction table layout fixed: figures don’t stick to status values now
- Dead link in the admin panel's breadcrumbs on the "Add Credit Package" page fixed
- Missing comment for the initial balance transaction added
- Added listing package information on the view listing page in admin panel
- Auto-extension of user's subscription is canceled if membership plan had been changed by the administrator
- Missing $KEYWORDS and $DESCRIPTION are added in several themes
- Garbage images and video files are deleted now from the hard drive when corresponding listing is deleted from the website
- Field separator setting is not ignored now when listing are imported from a CSV file
- Missing Google Map on the printer-friendly listing pages is added
- imagedestroy() is now called on unused GD image resources. This fix should improve memory usage in some cases.
- Error message is displayed when invalid field id is specified in templates instead of String-type text-box.
- Date format is now validated in Calendar fields
- Missing Default translations for several phrases added
- Missing "Next" link in iauto3 theme added
- Display Your Email setting is not ignored now
- "Compare Ad" link is not split now when line is wrapped on the search results page in iauto1 theme
- White background around rating stars on yellow listing background fixed
- Watermark settings manual is improved
- Problem with listing activation date resetting when listing feature (Youtube, slideshow, highlighted) is activated is fixed
- User profile field doesn’t conflict with listing field if fields have same id any more
- number_of_cols parameter is not ignored now in iLister's featured_listings function call
- Problem with user search result if user group profile does not have any fields fixed
- Search results paging error in IE7-8 fixed
- Minor standard nonconformities in RSS feeds fixed
- Missing Boolean fields on the listing display page fixed
- iLister's edit listing page layout of character counter fixed
- Invalid package filter applying to listing search on Manage Listing page in admin panel fixed
- Missing numbers of expired listing in listing expiration report fixed
- Converted new lines in all text-based files in distribution package to UNIX-format
- FeeBased subscription expiration problem fixed
- Saving parent package for contract packages fixed
- Expiration of subscription-based contracts forces listing expiration
- Subscription extension activates listings that are not yet expired – problem fixed
- Manually deactivated listing now retains expiration date and can be activated back free of charge
From v.4.6.0 to v.4.6.1:
- task_scheduler won't initialize I18N on some hostings
- Newly registered user's username is inserted instead of admin name into the admin login box when new user notification link is followed.
- Video upload does not accept 3gp-files.
- Inconsistent week layout on calendar control
- Change to list value in listing will also change another list value if previous values where identical regardless of field ids
- Additional SET CHARACTER SET at initialization of database connection makes data in database corrupt on some hostings
- Business catalog won't save brief description for entries.
- Auto notify won't work in iAuto and iRealty
- Auto notification is not working for searches saved with listing_type criterion.
- I18N won't initialize on some search pages. Produces errors if search link is copied into the fresh browser.
- Time is ignored in task_scheduler_last_executed_date setting
From v.4.5.0 to v.4.6.0:
- Car Dealer Profiles
- Dealer Inventory
- SEO-Friendly Dealer Ads Page added
- Contact User page added
- YouTube Videos
- Highlight Ad
- WYSIWYG editor for text fields added
Enhancements & Bugfixes
26 MINOR BUGFIXES & SEVERAL ENHANCEMENTS
From v.4.4.0 to v.4.5.0:
- Import User Profiles from CSV or XLS files function added
- Compare Listings feature added
- CAPTCHA for Forms added
- Max Symbols Allowed for text and input fields added
- Watermark for Uploaded Images
- Ratings are added to all types of listings
- Export User Profiles to XLS file
Enhancements & Bugfixes:
- Paging for the Manage Users section in the admin panel introduced.
- The issue with the ability to create a user profile field with field type undefined fixed.
- Improvement - "Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory" note to all forms in admin panel added
- The "You can post your listing now" link on the subscription page added.
- The broken form field labels layout in narrow browser window on the General Settings page corrected.
- GMaps display in IE fixed (using jQuery).
From v.4.3.1 to v.4.4.0:
- Logout link added to the Admin Panel
- Introduced the Multiple Picture Upload interface
- RSS-feeds added, including latest X listings and featured listings feeds
- Pre-moderation and Post moderation of all listings
- Mark Listing as Sold feature added
- Ability to expire Membership plans for existing users added
- Display listing address/zip on the built-in Google Map
- New SEO/SEM feature, Share Your Website, added
Enhancements & Bugfixes:
- Minor hints on supported picture and video formats added
- Tips and help information added to the Admin Panel interface
- Trusted Users option is added – NEW FEATURE
- A 2009 updated vehicle make/model database added
- Improved the add picture interface when adding links via the admin
- FCKEditor is upgraded to version 2.6.3, better and stable version of the editor
- Fixed the issue with number of listings in the Browse by Body Style
- Fixed issue with the editing of video files
From v.4.3.0 to v.4.3.1:
- Optimized listings search in task_scheduler.
- Session check mechanism modified.
- Optimized and improved performance, reduced load times.
- Fixed empty date field in I18N.
- System behavior after deleting user acct corrected. System logs user out now.
- PayPal payment issue fixed.
- The float field type for I18N fixed.
- System can now search within tree type levels (restriction to top level removed).
- Resolved the challenge with browsing by incomplete tree field.
- The 'video' validation issue fixed.
- Inconsistent RewriteBase in admin/.htaccess file fixed.
- Fixed the permission issue in the cache folder for themes cloned.
- Special symbols in phrase IDs fixed.
- Payment completion issue for non-English product versions fixed.
- Duplication of Form class in classifieds/Form.php removed.
- Upper/lowercase symbols in phrase translations fixed.
- Corrected categories for built-in business catalog.
- Duplicate field names in input forms with multiple tree fields fixed.
- The listing count for browse by tree fixed.
- The payment creation date bug fixed.
From v.4.2.2 to v.4.3.0:
- Created the 'Contact Form' functionality. Default page for the contact form: http://YourWebsiteURL/contact/.
- Added the function to create user from the admin panel.
- Added the 'Custom Settings' section in the Admin panel. There are 2 default settings in this section: 'listing_currency' and 'transaction_currency'.
- Added a new system setting: Radius Search Unit. The choice of radius search unit (miles\kilometers) will affect the search by the distance.
- Fixed the issue with Zip Code imports.
- Added the functionality to search listings by the following system fields: 'id', 'listing_type', 'activation_date' and 'username'.
- Fixed the issue with field IDs. When the 'field ID' is changed from the admin panel, all the fields will be updated in the database.
- Fixed the issue with sorting by 'id', 'listing_type', 'activation_date' and 'username' system fields on the search/filter results pages.
- Fixed the issue with returning to the 'Search Results' page from the 'Listing Details' page via browser's 'Back' button.
- Added the dropdown menu to choose a language in the frontend.
- Added the 'Manage Languages' section in the admin panel.
- Added the 'Manage Phrases' section in the admin panel.
- Added the 'Internationalization Settings' subsection on the 'System Settings' page in the admin panel.
- Added the translation functionality using square brackets, i.e. [[phraseID]]
- Added the functionality to format dates and numbers in the input and search forms based on the language settings.
- Added the functionality to format display of dates and numbers based on the language settings.
- Added the placeholder support to phrase IDs that can be translated.
- The interactive translating mode is implemented (highlight mode).
From v.4.2.1 to v.4.2.2:
- Fix sorting by activation_date in public site.
- Fix encoding problems in Tell a Friend and Contact Seller functionality.
- Added reply-to field in Contact Seller function.
- Improve design, order and behavior for Edit and Delete buttons in admin site.
- Fix encoding problem, Set output data encoding to utf-8 in import listings from xls file.
- Fix problem for pages with slash at the end, if URL not contains slash then server add slash and redirect.
- Change emails to email@example.com in release database.
- Fix validation for type video in listing creation time.
- Fix unserialize error in payments. Improve HTML filtration, add HTML purifier.
- Change mechanism of HTML filtration, filter HTML in Email class, Form class and display_listing.php module function.
From v.4.2.0 to v.4.2.1:
- Can rename buttons on the 'add_listing' page and in the 'My Listings' section.
- Added a validation criterion for 'Zip Code' field. Saving of empty values was excluded.
- Fixed the problem with renaming field captions in the existing user profiles in the DB after renaming it from the admin panel.
- Inactive listing are no longer displayed from direct URL.
- Fixed the problem of saving dates.
- Listing display parameters in the 'My Listings' section were separated from the others.
- Fixed the problem with extra listing browsing parameters.
- Fixed the problem with forming keyword string during listing saving.
- Fixed the problem with sorting by 'activation_date' field. Field type was changed from 'Date' to 'DateTime'.
- Fixed the search by date range.
- Fixed the email generation issue and charset encoding-related problem.
- Naming convention of uploaded pictures for listings was changed to prevent browser caching of pics with similar names.
- Fixed the problem with export.
- Fixed the sorting and paging in the “browse by” listing results.
- Fixed the email generation issue in the 'Contact Seller' function. 'Reply To' field that has sender's email was added.
- Fixed the problem in the 'Saved Searches' function for user that is not logged in.
- All buttons in the admin panel are in proper and uniform order now (1. edit, 2.delete), buttons changed.
- Fixed the problem of redirecting from index.php to install.php if the software is not installed.
- Fixed two security issues.
- Fixed the problem with 'DECIMAL' type casting for MYSQL4.
- Fixed the problem with inactive listings appearing in the search results after user session expiration.
- User authorization to access listing editing was increased.
- Added a new function for HTML tags translation in input forms.
- The sorting mechanism on the search results page was changed. Added the sorting by field check routine.
- Listing display templates was fixed. Missing fields were added.
- Fixed the validation for the 'MakeModel' field during listing saving.
- Fixed the problem with 'MakeModel' field import.
From v.4.1.1 to v.4.2.0:
- A new feature, ‘Browse listings by any field’ was added.
- Browse templates were added to the main page.
- A new feature, ‘Pass parameters via URI’ was added. It allows you to use SEO-friendly URLs with the 'display_listing' and 'browse' functions.
- Listing search procedure was optimized in the My Listing section of the front end. The new function ‘Paging’ was added there.
- A feature that allows to order values of tree type as you like was added.
- Users are provided with ability to subscribe for the membership plan with unlimited expiration period.
- A script related to packages of a membership plan was modified. Now the administrator can delete a package even though listing number of this package is not null.
- Level numeration of Tree type fields in an exported file was changed.
- A bug associated with returning to a merchant site after paying via paypal gateway was fixed.
- A bug associated with wrong listing number of a package was fixed.
- A bug associated with listing picture editing through the administration panel was fixed.
- A bug with membership plans where ‘Expiration Period’=‘null value’ was fixed.
- The user manual was updated.
From v.4.1.0 to v.4.1.1:
- The file type verification during geographic data importation was added.
- A bug with deleting listing pictures after deleting a listing was fixed. Now after deleting a listing its pictures will be also deleted from the system.
- A bug with the ‘Paging’ function in the Manage Listings section of the administration panel was fixed. Now a page number specified by the administrator is saved after listing activation, deactivation or deleting.
- A bug associated with ‘Activate’ and ‘Deactivate’ links in the Manage Listings section of the administration panel was fixed.
- A bug associated with PHP Notice during user session update was fixed.
- A bug with deleting a membership plan was fixed. Now after deleting a membership plan from the system, an empty string does not remain in the list of membership plans of a User group.
- The user manual was updated.
From v.4.0 to v.4.1.0:
- A new feature, 'Export Listings' was added. The administrator can export a file with listing data in Excel format.
- iAuto templates were optimized according to the W3C standards.
- Listing search procedure was optimized in the Manage Listings section of the administration panel. New functions, ‘Sorting’ and ‘Paging’, were added there.
- The ability to display field captions by field IDs in display templates was added.
- A bug with deleting a user picture/logo was fixed.
- A bug with payment duplication in the My Payments area was fixed.
- A My Listings sorting bug was fixed.
- 'Failed to send activation email' system message was added. The message appears when a user inputs a nonexistent email.
- A theme cloning failure bug was fixed.
- Geographic data format was modified. Now the administrator can add zip codes composed of mixed alphanumeric characters.
- Minor template modifications.
- Descending "sort by date" order in My Payments was set by default.
Below is the changelog for iAuto (v3.1.2 and above):
From v.3.3. to v.3.4:
- The script was modified to be fully compatible with PHP version 5.
- A bug with 'Inconsistent number of listings between website search and admin search' was fixed.
- A new feature, 'Listing Details Page Counter', was added. Listing details now display hit/view counters for each listing.
- A new database field type, 'Web Link', was added. The administrator can allow users to specify URL address for their listings.
- A new user registration form field, 'web_link', was added. The administrator can allow users to specify URL address for the 'Seller Information' block in listing details.
- Some changes were added to iRealty templates to simplify the logo image and slogan modifications.
- A feature to import listings on behalf of users (owners) through the admin panel was restored.
From v.3.2. to v.3.3:
- Google Maps support was added for iRealty (can help with adding GMaps for iAuto as well if requested).
- The bug with the ‘show_search_form’ function was fixed. Now an administrator can use this function more than once.
- The bug with templates editing was fixed. Now after cloning a theme, templates can be edited via FTP.
- The bug with a new user registration routine was fixed for MySQL v.5.xx.
- Software installation script was improved by automatically setting a closing slash in the 'FTP Initial Directory' field.
- User manual and installation manual further improved and updated.
From v.3.1.2 to v.3.2:
- The bug with user registration fixed.
- The bug with changing the order of ad pictures fixed.
- The bug with saving search form parameters with MySQL v.5.xx fixed.
- A new database field type, 'ID' was added. Users can make a search by listings ID.
- A new database field type, 'Keywords' was added. Users can make a search by listings' keywords.
- A new feature, 'Import User Lists' was added. An administrator can create a file with users data and import it to the database. The importation can be done in CSV/Excel extension formats. After user imports, their profiles can be modified by using the 'Edit User' option of the admin panel.
- The updated user manual in a new format added.
Thank you very much. I did get a chance to complete a survey, and
I really appreciate the follow up that you consistantly provide.
Thank you very much!
Awesome customer support!
Noel Martin S Bautista
Works perfect! Thank you. Must to say that you have a good service and support at your company. Good works.
View all testimonials